Street Light and Speed Hump Requests

Street Light Requests:
Property owners may request a petition for street lights in their subdivision or community from the Department of Transportation. Upon a 51 percent approval rating of property owners (renters may not sign petition), the petition will be submitted before the Board of Commissioners by the Department of Transportation.

The cost of the street lights is divided among the homeowners and charged on their annual property taxes.

To request a petition form, click Petition Form to print, or call

Phone: (770) 278-7200

The completed form must be returned to the following:

Rockdale County Department of Transportation
Attention: Street Light Petition
2570 Old Covington Highway
Conyers, GA  30012

*Requests for installation of street lights on private property should be directed to the local utility provider. 

**Street Light outages in your community should be directed to your local utility provider.

Snapping Shoals EMC 770-385-2709

Georgia Power 1-888-660-5890

Walton EMC 770-972-2917


Speed Hump/Traffic Calming Device Requests:

A Speed Hump District may be established within the County upon the presentation of a petition to the Board of Commissioners by the owners of 85 percent or more of the property within the proposed speed hump district.

To view/print the Installation of Speed Humps Policy, please click: Speed Hump Policy.

For further information, contact RDOT at
Phone: (770) 278-7200