All wedding ceremonies performed by the Magistrate Court of Rockdale County require a pre-scheduled appointment. Same-day appointments are not available. Weddings are held on most Tuesdays and Fridays. There is no fee for wedding ceremonies performed in the Magistrate Courtroom during the Court’s regular business hours. Requests for off-site weddings follow a separate procedure.
Procedure for Scheduling a Wedding Ceremony:
- Complete and submit the Court’s Wedding Request Form by either (1) a personal visit to the Magistrate Court Clerk’s Office or (2) email to email@example.com.
- The Court’s judicial assistant or a clerk will contact you to confirm whether your requested wedding ceremony date and time has been approved or modified by the Court.
- To cancel or reschedule an approved wedding ceremony, please contact the Magistrate Court Clerk’s Office at your earliest opportunity so that the appointment may be made available to another wedding couple.
- ·Be sure to make appropriate arrangements for the wedding couple, and any guests, to arrive no later than 15 (fifteen) minutes prior to the appointment to:
check-in at the Magistrate Court Clerk’s Office (945 Court Street, Conyers, GA) and
then be escorted to the Magistrate Courtroom (948 Bank Street, Conyers, GA).
- Your appointment will be automatically cancelled if the wedding couple is not present 15 (fifteen) minutes after the appointment time.
On Your Wedding Ceremony Day:
- The wedding couple must arrive and check-in at the Magistrate Court Clerk’s Office (945 Court Street, Conyers, GA).
- The wedding couple must present the original valid marriage license that was issued by a probate court (Questions regarding marriage license should be directed to the Probate Court of Rockdale County).
- The wedding couple must present valid government-issued photo identifications for themselves.
- Photography and video recording of the wedding ceremony is allowed.
- The wedding ceremony normally last about 10 (ten) minutes.
- The officiating judge will sign the marriage license and return it to the Probate Court of Rockdale County. If the marriage license was issued by another probate court, the wedding couple is responsible for returning the marriage license to the issuing probate court after it is signed by the judge.
After Your Wedding Ceremony:
- The probate court, which issued the marriage license, maintains the marriage license record.
- You must contact the probate court for any and all records relating to your marriage license.
- All questions about the marriage license issuance procedure must be directed to a probate court. The Magistrate Court’s involvement is limited to the performance of the wedding ceremony.
Phinia Aten, Chief Magistrate Judge
945 Court Street, Conyers, Georgia 30012 (Offices)= 948 Bank Street, Conyers, Georgia 30012 (Courtroom) (770) 278-7800