The County Forester inspects and monitors erosion and sedimentation control activities and tree save areas of building sites. He reviews and approves all timber harvesting applications in the county. He also reviews development plans for compliance with County tree ordinances, enforces State and County erosion and sedimentation control and stream buffer laws, and interprets and enforces County tree and timber harvesting ordinances. The forester educates the building and development community as well as the general public on urban forestry practices like forest health and tree preservation.
To view a copy of the County’s tree ordinance, Timber Harvesting Packet, or administrative standards, please see the links below:
- Tree Ordinance
- Timber Harvesting Packet
- Approved Native Tree plant list
- WP zoning restrictions
- Tree Protection and Landscape Review Checklist
Reporting or Questions
To report a dead or hazardous tree near the roadway, please call the Forester at 770-278-7129 or Rockdale D.O.T. at 770-278-7107.
To report any unpermitted land disturbing activity, please call 770-278-7100.
Links associated with Forestry
- To Acquire a Burn Permit
- Shade Tree & Tree Health Questions, or contact the County Forester at (770) 278-7129 or visit
- List of Arborists
- Georgia Forestry Commission
- General Tree Care and Maintainance
- Insects and Diseases associated with Trees
- Right Tree in the Right Place
- Pruning trees (Clemson University)
County Forester/ Arborist
Planning and Development
Phone number: 770-278-7129