ROCKDALE EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY
Vision statement: A disaster ready Community that is resilient and sustainable.
Mission statement: Rockdale Emergency Management Agency leads and coordinates mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery in Rockdale County to minimize the impact of disasters and emergencies on the people, property, environment and economy.
The Emergency Management Program must be:
- Comprehensive —all hazards, all phases, all stakeholders and all impacts are relevant to disasters.
- Progressive —anticipate future disasters and take preventive and preparatory measures to build disaster-resistant and disaster-resilient communities.
- Risk-Driven —use hazard identification, risk analysis, and impact analysis in assigning priorities and resources.
- Integrated —unity of effort among all levels of government and all elements of a community.
- Collaborative —create and sustain broad and sincere relationships among individuals and organizations to encourage trust, advocate a team atmosphere, build consensus, and facilitate communication.
- Coordinated —synchronize the activities of all relevant stakeholders to achieve a common purpose.
- Flexible —use creative and innovative approaches in solving disaster challenges.
- Professional —value a science and knowledge-based approach based on education, training, experience, ethical practice, public stewardship and continuous improvement.
Code Red Mobile App — These mobile push notifications deliver relevant, location-based alerts based on GPS location to ensure you receive critical information when you are in a CodeRED client’s jurisdiction.
Chief Dan Morgan
Bill Cate, GA-ACEM