For Immediate Release
Jan. 12, 2023
Rockdale County Offers Info Sessions to Educate the Community about Departments
ROCKDALE COUNTY, Ga. – After strong citizen interest in the Citizens Government Academy (CGA) and the County’s desire to educate a larger audience about how the departments operate, Rockdale County is now transitioning CGA to Info Sessions. These Info Sessions will occur at 6 p.m. in the Rockdale County Auditorium at 903 Main Street, Conyers, GA. The sessions will start in February and span through October.
The schedule for the sessions is below:
- February 15 – Board of Assessors & Tax Commissioner’s Office
- March 15 – Talent Management and Finance
- April 19 – Planning & Development
- May 10 – Parks & Recreation / Senior Services
- June 14 – Court Services and General Services
- July 12 – Government Affairs and Public Relations
- August 9 – Rockdale Water Resources, Stormwater and Transportation
- September 13 Fire-Rescue and Emergency Management Agency (EMA)
- October 11 – Board of Elections & Voter Registration
In addition to being held in person, the sessions will be live streamed to the Rockdale County website at rockdalecountyga.gov, the Official Rockdale County Facebook Page at facebook.com/RockdaleGov, and the Rockdale 23 YouTube Channel.
At these sessions, Rockdale County department representatives will share information with the community to give insight into what the department does and how it serves them. Attendees will also be able to participate in a Q&A session following the presentation.
A month before each session, a Department Spotlight video will be shared via Rockdale County social media channels and Rockdale 23 as another avenue to learn about the departments.
These meetings are open to the public, and the public is strongly encouraged to attend. Those who are interested in CGA are also strongly encouraged to attend.
For more information, contact Rockdale County Public Relations Department a 770-278-7050.