The Rockdale County Board of Commissioners held a voting session at today’s virtual BOC meeting. The virtual meeting covered the agenda as presented. The 21 items on the agenda requiring a vote was passed unanimously by the BOC.
The following remarks were presented by the BOC and Directors.
- Fire Chief and EMA Director Dan Morgan reported that Rockdale County has 244 COVID -19 cases and 7 deaths. Drive up testing is available at the Georgia International Horse Park throughout the week. No doctor referral is necessary. Residents must schedule an appointment by calling 770-513-5631.
- Rockdale County Chairman Oz Nesbitt acknowledged Rockdale County resident Marie Dean for supporting the See Something, Say Something Ms. Dean has been vigilante in helping keep the county clean. The debris and trash located on vacant spaces and streets have been removed after she placed calls to the county offices.
- As the county opens, Recreation and Maintenance Director Sue Sanders listed the following trails are available for walking: South Rockdale Park, Lorraine Park, Wheeler Park, Johnson Park and Pine Log Park.
When the trails reopened last week, Director Sanders reminded residents to enjoy the trails, while adhering to the following rules:
- People experiencing COVID-19 symptoms are not permitted
- No access to bathroom and water fountains
- No social gatherings
- Maintain 6 feet distance from others
- Wear a mask or face covering
- The trail is open from dawn to dusk.
The next virtual Work Session and Voting Session will be held on Tuesday, May 26, 2020 at 10:00 am.