For Immediate Release
April 17, 2020
UPDATE: Rockdale County Offering Resources to Small Businesses
The Deadline to Apply is May 14, 2020
ROCKDALE COUNTY, Ga. – In an effort to protect and stimulate the local economy and preserve the public local small businesses health and welfare, Rockdale County is offering applications of hardship waivers for county water usage. This will allow businesses to defer water payments for a year and repay with an installment plan.
The plan headed by the Board of Commissioners (BOC) is just a start. Rockdale County is currently brainstorming and looking for innovative ways to help the economic future of local business and want to provide any lifelines to help local businesses survive.
Business owners must request the Rockdale Water Resources (RWR) hardship waiver from the website at rockdalecountyga.gov. To be eligible for the RWR hardship waiver:
- Businesses must be located and headquartered in Rockdale County
- Must employ 25 people or less
- Deferment of payments for months of April, May, June and July 2020
- Deferred payments must be paid within calendar year, installments available
- Must be in good standing with Rockdale County
- Current Rockdale County Business License
- No pending or outstanding Code Enforcement citations or violations
- No past due water or stormwater fees
- No past due local taxes
For additional questions, please email Vaughn.Jamison@RockdaleCountyGA.gov. To get started, request the form from rockdalecountyga.gov.