At today’s BOC Meeting, the Rockdale County Board of Commissioners conducted business as usual except everyone was remotely located practicing social distancing and sheltering in place. The virtual meeting covered the agenda as presented.
The BOC approved the funding for lighting at the exits located on the I-20 corridor. The Chairman Oz Nesbitt, Sr. hailed this project as a safety feature that includes better lighting at the Rockdale County exits.
After conducting the county’s business, during remarks the BOC offered the following highlights.
- Chief of Staff Corey Hambrick meets weekly with City of Conyers officials to discuss projects on planning and development, especially during COVID-19 pandemic. He also is working with Planning & Development Director Kc Krzic on reopening economic development and delivering services to developers and partners who are considering doing business with Rockdale County.
- Over 10,000 meals have been served to Rockdale County’s senior citizens through the Rockdale County Senior Services. Senior Services Director Susan Morgan and her staff provides meals through a drive thru service at the Olivia Haydel Senior Center located at 1240 Dogwood Drive.
- Commissioner Sherri Washington is referring those families in need of food and groceries to visit Excel Church Worldwide. The church, located at 1151 Flat Shoals Rd SE, Conyers, 30013 is providing food every day from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm.
- Commissioner Doreen Washington shared a new COVID-19 testing date, this Friday, May 1st at the Georgia International Horse Park. No doctor referral is necessary. Residents must schedule for an appointment, call 770-513-5631.
- Rockdale County Government employees are scheduled to return to work on Monday, June 1st. The Transition Return to Work Taskforce, headed by Talent Management Director Toni Holmes will make sure the proper personal protective equipment (PPE), work place and spaces are ready for employees. Chairman Nesbitt says, “We want our employees to return to work knowing they will working in a safe and clean environment.”
- The virtual BOC meetings will continue through the month of May. Next meeting, May 12, 2020 at 10:00 am.