The Rockdale Strategic Plan was unveiled and adopted at today’s BOC meeting. The vision for the plan was championed by Commissioner Doreen Williams. The plan entitled, “Envision Rockdale 2020-2024” is a strategic framework of feedback, suggestions and recommendations from residents, employees and elected officials to provide a roadmap for the county’s economic development initiatives.
Developed by InterComm Enterprises, the plan focuses on 5 critical areas: Infrastructure and Transportation; Economic Development; Quality of Life; Education and Workforce Development; and Social Investment
President of InterComm Bill Stark provided a brief overview of the plan to the BOC. Employees were presented with plaques for their participation in the project by the BOC.
Other notable discussions included:
Animal Care and Control
The Recreation and Maintenance Director Sue Sanders provided a presentation on the Rockdale County Animal Care and Control Division.
- Increasing their social media presence.
- Implement Quikit software where officers can issue citations on site.
- Currently conducting interviews to fill the animal control officer position.
- Volunteers are needed to help assist with “On the Road Events.” Volunteers can call 770-278-8403, for further information.
Board of Elections
The Rockdale Board of Elections has a new home at 1261 Commercial Dr. SW, Suite B, Conyers, GA, 30094. Supervisor of Elections Cynthia Willingham presented the BOC with an update on voter registration. There will be three voting sites available to accommodate early voting starting on March 2, 2020.
- 1261 Commercial Drive, SW, Suite B, Conyers, 30094
- Conyers Church of Christ, 14110 Flat Shoals Road, Conyers, 30013
- Simon’s Episcopal Church, 1522 Highway 138, NE, Conyers, 30013
For further information, below is the link to the webpage.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, February 4, 2020 @ 10:00 am