On Tuesday, November 5, 2019, the Rockdale County Board of Commissioners held a public hearing on the proposed 2020 Appropriations. Following the public hearing, there was a work session of the Board of Commissioners.
All current programs and services will be continued to be funded as presented by Finance Director Roselyn Miller. The presentation to the Rockdale Board of Commissioners included the following highlights:
- Invest in Employees – Compensation model and incentives
- Demolition of Unsafe Structures
- Parks & Recreation – Costley Mill Multi-purpose Facility
- Technology advancements and upgrades
- Election Year 2020
- Pavement/Resurfacing Maintenance Program
The Board of Commissioners will have the first reading of the 2020 Appropriations Ordinance at their regular meeting scheduled for Tuesday, November 12, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. and will have the second reading and adoption of the 2020 Appropriations Ordinance at their regular meeting scheduled for Tuesday, December 10, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
A copy of the proposed 2020 Appropriations Ordinance is available for review. Click here. https://rockdalecountyga.gov/county-departments/finance-department/
BOC Work Session Highlights:
- The BOC recognized the Rockdale County Retired Educators with a proclamation.
- Also, members of the Rockdale County Senior Services were acknowledged by BOC for their participation and placing in the Senior Olympic Games.
For further information, view the BOC meeting at https://vimeo.com/371204439
*HOLIDAYS –COUNTY OFFICES CLOSED*
Monday, November 11, 2019 – Veterans Day
Thursday, November 28, 2019 and Friday, November 29, 2019– Thanksgiving Day and Day after Thanksgiving Day
Next Work Session: Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. – Assembly Hall located at 901 Main Street, Conyers, Georgia 30012
Check us out at www.rockdalecountyga.gov!
- • • Follow Rockdale County on Social Media! • • •
Instagram @rockdalegov • Facebook rockdalegov • Twitter @rockdalegov