At today’s voting session, there were three special recognitions and presentations presented to Rockdale County Board of Commissioners.
- MaryBeth Hornbeck, Fun with Fresh Food Program won the National Extension Association Recognition Award
- Rockdale County Wellness Program managed by Rockdale County’s Talent Management received a national award from Cigna Healthcare for the second time
- A Planning and Development Initiatives Presentation was provided by Director Kc Krzic, Planning and Development Department
During the Unfinished Business session, there was a vote on the zoning ordinances, (2019-552 & 2019-553) that focused on short-term rentals in the county. This topic received much discussion in the community. After an in-depth exchange on the pros and cons of short-term rentals between the Board of Commissioners, the ordinances were denied.
Also, there were amendments to the 2020 budget including the approval of the following:
- Two voting locations for early voting and the November 2020 elections
- The hiring of a program manager for the mental health unit located at the Rockdale County Sheriff’s Department
- Salary adjustments for directors based on the recommendations from the job market study analysis
The Board of Commissioners will have the second reading and adoption of the 2020 Appropriations Ordinance at their regular meeting scheduled for Tuesday, December 10, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
A copy of the proposed 2020 Appropriations Ordinance is available for review. Click here. https://rockdalecountyga.gov/county-departments/finance-department/
*HOLIDAYS –COUNTY OFFICES CLOSED*
Thursday, November 28, 2019 and Friday, November 29, 2019– Thanksgiving Day and Day after Thanksgiving Day
Next Work Session: Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. – Assembly Hall located at 901 Main Street, Conyers, Georgia 30012
Check us out at www.rockdalecountyga.gov!
- • • Follow Rockdale County on Social Media! • • •
Instagram @rockdalegov • Facebook rockdalegov • Twitter @rockdalegov