The Rockdale County Board of Commissioners held a work session meeting on Tuesday, June 18, 2019, at 6 p.m. kicking off with a great start by honoring individuals that are prominent in the community, many items in the Regular Agenda, and highlighting upcoming events in Rockdale County. During this meeting, there were no items that were voted on.
The meeting began with a Call to Order by the Board of Commissioners. Presently after, the Board of Commissioners utilized the opportunity to acknowledge a county proclamation. The Board proclaimed June 18, 2019, as Rockdale County Board of Education Recognition Day. Through the proclamation, the Board of Commissioners recognized the hard work and effort that the Rockdale County Board of Education has put into the amazing award-winning school system. We, Rockdale County, are proud to honor every member o’f the board for this great accomplishment, and we wish them well as they continue to be the decision makers impacting the growth and education of our future leaders.
Following the proclamation presentation, the Board of Commissioners proceeded with the regular agenda. Regarding the regular agenda, there were several items presented to the board. The following item numbers were presented:
- 2019-309: An Ordinance Pursuant to the Provisions of Section 238-6 of the Code of Rockdale County, Georgia, As Amended, To Authorize A Special Use Permit for a Family Daycare Home Under Section 218-1 Table of Permitted Uses at 4284 Village Green Circle SE, Conyers, Georgia; To Impose Conditions Upon Said Special Use Permit; To Repeal Conflicting Ordinances; To Set An Effective Date; And For Other Purposes – Second Reading
- 2019-316: Velosio, LLC – Technology Services – Change Order No. 1 to C-2019-82 – Procurement Automation – Additional General Support Services agreement (GSSA) needed with contract
- 2019-317: Criminal Justice Coordinating Council – Juvenile Court – Family Drug Court – Grant – $50,950 – July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020
- 2019-318: Criminal Justice Coordinating Council – Juvenile Court – Accountability Court – Grant – $116,060 – July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020
- 2019-319: Criminal Justice Coordinating Council – Juvenile Court – Mental Health – Grant – $62,741 – July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020
- 2019-320: Criminal Justice Coordinating Council – Superior Court – Adult Drug Court – Grant – $241,743 – July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020
- 2019-321: Criminal Justice Coordinating Council – State Court – DUI Court Supervised Treatment Program – Grant – $107,169 – July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020
- 2019-322: Criminal Justice Coordinating Council – Superior Court – Resource Court – Grant – $147,824.81 – July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020
- 2019-323: Youth Mobile, LLC – Accountability Courts – Non-Emergency Transportation for Accountability Court clients for all program activities – Unit Price – One year with option to renew two (2) additional 12-month periods
- 2019-324: Rockdale Riptides Swimming Association – Sean Willette – Recreation & Maintenance – Riptides Swim Club to work with swimmers from beginner level to advanced – Revenue 50/50 Split plus $7,050 in facility fees – One year with option to renew four (4) additional one-year periods
- 2019-325: Pittman Construction Company – Transportation – 2017 SPLOST #2A Roadway Rehabilitation – ITB #19-10 – $4,654,009.88 – 28 weeks from Notice To Proceed (NTP)
- 2019-326: University of Georgia – Cooperative Extension – Annual contract agreement for personnel –- $83,866 – July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020
- 2019-327: Resolution Acknowledging the Creation of the Rockdale County Economic Development Task Force
- 2019-328: A Resolution to Amend And Adopt The 2018 Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan Update
- 2019-329: An Ordinance Pursuant to the Provisions of Section 238-4of the Code of Rockdale County, Georgia, As Amended, to Rezone Property Located at 2720 Salem Road SE, Conyers, Georgia from the MXD (Mixed Use Development) & CSD (Conservation Subdivision) Zoning District to the MXD (Mixed Use Development) District Following Application for Same; To Authorize an Amendment to the Official Zoning Map of Rockdale County, Georgia, Reflecting Said Rezoning; To Impose Conditions Upon the Amendment; To Repeal Conflicting Ordinances and for Other Purposes – First Reading
- 2019-330: Expenditure Request – Public Relations – City of Conyers/Olde Town Events – Red White & Boom Fireworks Show – $16,272.50
- 2019-331: Requisition– Fire Rescue – Georgia Fire & Rescue Supply – Capital Fund – Fire Hose – $81,380.04
- 2019-332: Requisition– Fire Rescue – Georgia Fire & Rescue Supply – SPLOST Fund – Fire Hose – $27,041.06
- 2019-333: Requisition– Recreation & Maintenance – Peppers Heating & Air – HVAC unit – $16,355
- 2019-334: Requisition– Recreation & Maintenance – Franklin Young Inter – Equipment for County Mortuary – $74,080
- 2019-335: Requisition– Sheriff’s Office – Allan Virgil Ford – (2) 2019 Ford Fusion- $37,570
- 2019-336: Requisition– Stormwater – Response Environmental Services – Stormwater Pipe Replacement – $21,870
- 2019-337: Requisition– Water Resources– Atlantic Machinery– Vacuum Tanker – $172,152
- 2019-338: Surplus – Recreation & Maintenance
- 2019-339: Surplus – Water Resources
- 2019-340: Resolution to Provide for the County Supplement to the Compensation of the State Employees in the Offices of the Rockdale County Superior Court Judges Pursuant to O.C.G.A. 15-6-27
Following the regular agenda, the Board Commissioners held public comment. The first woman that spoke, Ms. Johnson, wanted to highlight on her own personal technical difficulties on the Rockdale County social media in order to find a solution to her problem. To find our videos on various events click here: https://vimeo.com/rockdalegov. If you have any technical difficulties feel free to call 770-278-7050. The second woman that spoke, Ms. Charlotte Gellert, highlighted on the mobile career lab by Workforce Atlanta Regional. The mobile career lab provides a range of services to those looking for employment, training, and education services. The various programs offer job readiness training, job search training, and more. For more information about Workforce Atlanta Regional, contact them at 404-463-3327 or at email@example.com. The last woman who spoke was Deputy Patrick on behalf of the Rockdale County Sheriff’s Office. Deputy Patrick wanted to bring attention to the upcoming community event called “National Night Out”. National Night Out is an annual event that symbolizes taking a stand against crime. The event will be on August 6th and will be held at Johnson Park from 6-9 p.m.
During board comment, Commissioner Washington thanked the Planning and Development Department for all that they do for Rockdale County. She also thanked the Parks and Recreation Department for the awesome swimming lessons they provide for young children and teens. Commissioner Williams highlighted on library resources in Rockdale County and encourages others to partake in them. Lastly, Chairman Nesbit suggested that everyone to go visit Costley Mill Park if they have not already visited. He congratulated the school board for their proclamation once again and thanked them for all that they do for Rockdale County.
After Board Comment, the Board of Commissioners did not have an executive session. Since there was no further business, Chairman Nesbitt adjourned the meeting. The next Board of Commissioners meeting will be next week on Tuesday, June 25, 2019, at 10 a.m. at Assembly Hall (901 Main Street, Conyers, GA 30012).