For Immediate Release
Feb. 7, 2018
Rockdale County BOC to Hold Evening Meetings on the Road
CONYERS, Ga. – The Rockdale County Board of Commissioners (BOC), in an effort to be more accessible to the community, will be holding evening BOC meetings throughout Rockdale County at various elementary schools. These meetings will be held the third Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m. The first meeting of this series will be held Feb. 20, 7 p.m. at J.H. House Elementary School, 2930 GA-20, Conyers.
With much success on the road in 2017, the BOC has decided to bring these meetings back in 2018 to allow citizens who work and cannot attend the morning meetings a chance to attend and participate in public comment. The dates for the 2018 BOC on the Road Meetings are as follows:
- Tues., March 20, 7 p.m. – Hightower Trail Elementary, 2510 GA-138, Conyers
- Tues., April 17, 7 p.m. – Shoal Creek Elementary, 1300 McWilliams Rd SW, Conyers
- Tues, May 15, 7 p.m. – Honey Creek Elementary, 700 Honey Creek Rd SE, Conyers
- Tues., June 19, 7 p.m. – Barksdale Elementary, 596 Oglesby Bridge Rd SE, Conyers
- Tues., Sept. 18, 7 p.m. – Pine Street Elementary, 960 Pine St NE, Conyers
- Tues., Oct. 16, 7 p.m. – Lorraine Elementary , 3343 E Fairview Rd SW, Stockbridge
These meetings are open to the public, and the public is invited and encouraged to attend.
For more information about the meeting contact Jennifer Rutledge, Director of Legislative Affairs and County Clerk, at email@example.com.