For Immediate Release
November 16, 2017
RDOT Announces Road Resurfacing Project
CONYERS, Ga. – In an effort to improve the condition of county roads, the Rockdale County Department of Transportation (RDOT) is expediting a project that will improve six streets in Rockdale County.
In no particular order, the streets that will be resurfaced are as follows:
- Lester Road from Sigman Road to Lake Rockaway Road
- Philadelphia Road from High Roc Road to West Hightower Trail
- Zingara Road from West Hightower Trail to Bethel Road
- Black Shoals Road from Zingara Road to Bethel Road
- Flat Bridge Road from Union Church Road (Bridge) to Alexander Lake Road
- Humphries Road from Dekalb County Line to Irwin Bridge Road
The project covers approximately 8 miles of roads. Crews will begin patching those streets on Thurs., Nov. 16, with the first street being Flat Bridge Road.
RDOT is working out the logistics of completing this project around an ongoing Stormwater project on Humphries Road. RDOT is leading the effort, in conjunction with paving contractor, C.W. Matthews, with BM & K Engineering assisting in the construction engineering and inspection.
The project will cost approximately 1.5 million dollars to complete, with approximately $800,000 of the funding coming from the Local Maintenance and Improvement Grant (LMIG) program from the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT).
Weather permitting, crews have the intent of completing the project by the end of 2017.
For more information, please contact RDOT Director, Brian Allen at email@example.com.